Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Getting Consistent Results with Affirmations and More on Increasing Energy

If you'd like to view comments posted after each entry, just scroll down to the bottom of a post and look for the little link that says "comments." If any have been posted, you should be able to click there to expand and read them.

I wanted to quickly respond to two people who commented on my first post. (Thanks for your input, guys!)

From bedhead2:

I like the idea of exploring affirmations as a specific topic. I look forward to seeing more of what you have to say on the subject! And I hope others will share their experiences with affirmations, too. I've had some good results with them over the years, but it hasn't been consistent

From avril:

I tried the affirmation you gave for increasing energy. I still felt physically tired but I noticed my mood got a lot better. Maybe I was increasing my emotionally energy? Could the affirmation work that way, too?

Bedhead2,

Most people report inconsistent results with using affirmations. This is because they hit a resistance point or block and find it difficult to move beyond it. Without a cheerleader egging you on, it's easy to give up.

The same is true with anything in life. It's hard to lose weight without pushing past resistance points. If you're trying to give up smoking, you'll hit some rough patches, too.

With affirmations people report that if just 51% of the thoughts they are having about a given subject are positive instead of negative, this is enough to manifest a big change in their reality.

So while you may go around 49% of the time having sabotaging thoughts, as long as you can raise your awareness enough to have 51% of the messages become positive ones, this can make a huge difference in your reality. So it's all about using every tool at your disposal to get over the hump.

Avril,

I'm glad you reported on your experience with the affirmation I provided. It was about increasing your energy and yes, emotional energy is certainly energy! So while some people might use that affirmation and find that their physical stamina is increasing, others might find that their emotional energy lifts and they're suddenly in a better mood like you were. Other people might find that their mental concentration suddenly increases.

The energy of the universe is limitless, and once we invite it into our lives, it will tend to flow wherever we most need it to be. Some people might need it to increase physical energy, others might need an emotional lift.

You can experiment with shifting the affirmation around to make it more specific. See what happens when you try these three different affirmations:

"My physical energy is vibrant, clear, and happy. I have unlimited energy."

"My emotional energy is vibrant, clear, and happy. I have unlimited energy."

"My mental energy is vibrant, clear, and happy. I have unlimited energy."

Each affirmation targets a specific area. See how they work for you.


Affirmations Today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home